Sixth Form Uniform
The UTC Leeds Post 16 business dress code policy is designed to support a purposeful and safe working atmosphere and to support students with preparing for the world of work. We expect students to follow the Post 16 business dress code policy at all times and we ask for full parental/carer co-operation in ensuring students are suitably dressed for college. Appearance should be of that expected in a work environment and therefore extreme styling is not acceptable.
- Students must wear trousers, skirts or formal dresses. Skirts must be knee length and tailored. No stretch material is permitted for skirts, dresses or trousers. Jeans are not permitted. Trousers must be of a formal tailored style (not chinos) and should not have zips/buttons as accessories
- Smart leather belts with a plain buckle ONLY are permitted with skirts and trousers
- Students must wear formal shirts/blouses (compulsory) and a formal blazer (optional) Jumpers/cardigans are not permitted
- Students must wear formal, sensible leather shoes (not trainers or boots*)
- Ties (optional)
- Plain black or navy socks
- Any T shirts worn under shirts must not be visible
- Coats are not permitted to be worn inside the college building and must be stored in lockers during the college day
*If students wish to bring their own safety boots to wear in their engineering lessons, these must be stored in their lockers and worn only during their engineering lessons.
Hair must be a natural colour. Therefore coloured hair e.g. red, purple, blue etc. is not allowed. No extreme styles are permitted. Long hair must be worn off the face and tied back in practical lessons for health and safety reasons. If students attend college with an extreme hair colour they will not be permitted to attend lessons.
Make up should be subtle and jewellery should be limited to one set of simple ear studs per ear. No facial piercings e.g. nose studs/rings are allowed for safety reasons.
Bags should be a rucksack or messenger style bag, which is able to hold A4 size file items/stationery and can be fastened securely. Y10 and Y11 students must store their bag and outdoor clothing in their locker during the school day. Y12 and Y13 students must store their outdoor clothing in their locker during the school day.
Outdoor clothing, including coats, hoodies and jumpers (except the UTC branded jumper for Y10/Y11) must not be worn in the school building.
The following equipment is required within school every day by all students in years 10-13. It is essential that students are fully prepared for the learning experience and have the equipment to allow them to take a full part in all learning opportunities. We have divided the equipment list into items that are essential and those which are desirable.
In addition ALL students will need a combination padlock for their locker. They will need to bring this on the first day and inform the reception team of the combination code during the induction process.
|Student Planner (will be provided by school)||Glue Stick|
|Pencil case||Coloured Pencils|
|Pens (black/ blue and a red pen)||Highlighters|
|Pair of compasses|
Year 12 and 13 Maths
- A lever arch file for with 10 file dividers in.
- We recommend an A-level specific calculator. (Casio Classwizz is a good calculator)
Thank you for your support with the Post 16 business dress policy for your son/daughter. Please contact Mr. Mason (Assistant Principal responsible for Post 16) at email@example.com if you require any further information.