UTC Leeds is open to all students from the Leeds City Region, which includes the local authority districts of Barnsley, Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield and York. The UTC encourages applications from girls as well as boys, and from all the diverse communities across the Leeds City Region.
There are no minimum entry requirements for entry to Year 10. We believe that all young people have the ability to become creative, talented engineers with the following attributes:
- A genuine interest in the world of Engineering, Mathematics and Science.
- A positive attitude to work and an openness to learn new things.
- A desire to kick-start a career in our areas of specialism.
- An appreciation of the commitment necessary to study from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- A curiosity to learn about the opportunities at university and in employment.
If you think this is for you, then please get in touch.
The minimum entry requirements for students entering Year 12 in September 2020 are 5 GCSEs grade 4 or above (or equivalent), including English Language and maths. A grade 5 or above (or equivalent) in GCSE maths is also required as all students will continue their study of mathematics at level three standard (GCE A/AS Level or core maths).
For more information about joining UTC Leeds in Y10 or Y12 and to discuss your particular interests, please contact us.