Details of all governors are set out below.
- Mark Goldstone, Head of Business Representation & Policy, West & North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce (Chair of Governors) You can contact Mark at: UTC Leeds, 2 Sayner Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS10 1LA
- Simon Nadin, Siemens
- Professor Elaine Martin OBE, Head of School of Chemical and Process Engineering, University of Leeds
- Faye Best, Developer, Trainer, Facilitator for STEM & Gender Equality Projects, WISE Women in Science, Technology & Engineering
- Graham Cooper, Site Manager, AGFA Graphics – Leeds
- Alex Burnham, Principal, UTC Leeds
- Tim Craven, Governor, UTC Leeds
- Victoria Hopkins, Hopkins Catering
- Mitch Scott, Governor, Leeds City College
- Ken Hall, Education Consultant
- Deborah Watson, Governor
- Ken Cornforth, Associate Governor
Academy Trust Board
The Members of the UTC Leeds Academy Trust are as defined in article 12 in the articles of association :-
- Mr Philip Ball – Chair of Academy Trust appointed 09.10.2014
- Mr Graham Cooper – Also Governor of UTC Leeds appointed 09.10.2014
- Mr Simon Nadin appointed 09.10.2014
- Mr Mark Goldstone – Chair of UTC Leeds Board of Governors appointed 13.04.2016
- Andy Tuscher – Regional Director EEF
- Professor Peter Jimack, Dean – Faculty of Engineering, University of Leeds
- John Robinson
The Clerk to the Governing Body is Miss Pamela Wallis.
The Members of the Academy Trust have an overview of the governance of the UTC and can appoint and remove Members and Governors.
To contact our Board Members or Governors please email email@example.com or phone 0113 353 01340
Welcome from Our Chair
Welcome to UTC Leeds, as chair of governors it is my very great privilege to lead the board of trustees and ensure that we collectively:
- Provide clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction for UTC Leeds
- Hold to account the executive leadership team for the delivery of educational performance
- Oversee the financial performance of the school
UTC Leeds is unlike other schools in that it has employer and university engagement at its core, ensuring that young people who choose to attend the school will gain exposure to cutting edge technologies and the latest industry thinking.
The board of governors is made up individuals from national and international engineering companies, along with leadership from the UK’s best engineering faculty at the University of Leeds. It is essential we maintain and develop strong community and education links so we are proud to have Leeds City College and Leeds City Council on our board also.
As an institution we are committed to ensuring all young people who attend UTC Leeds develop the academic and life skills needed to succeed in the world of engineering and beyond.
Chair of Governors
Governing Body Role and Responsibilities
The role of the Governing Body at UTC Leeds is to help the establishment fulfil its main aim: which is to provide the best possible education for all of its students.
There are many things which governors are expected to do. The following provides a brief outline:
- Governors have responsibility with the Principal for setting, reviewing and monitoring many of the policies, plans and procedures within which the college operates
- The governors’ role is strategic.
- The governors’ set the aims, objectives and targets for the college
- The Principal’s role is both strategic and operational
- Governors make decisions democratically, by consensus. Governors do not have individual powers to act alone
- Governors have a duty to act fairly and without prejudice at all times
- Governors share the responsibility of appointing staff with the college and must act in the same way as any good employee
- Governors should encourage openness in all of their work for the college and should welcome enquiries from parents and the general public
- The governors’ monitor and evaluate the progress the college is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives.
UTC Governing Body Membership and Declaration of Interests
|UTC Leeds Governing Body Membership 2018|
|The Governing Body of UTC Leeds.|
The Clerk to the Governing Body is Miss Pamela Wallis.
|Name||Designation||Term of Office||Committee Membership||Declaration of Interests||Additional Responsibility||Training Undertaken||Background Information||Attendance over last academic year|
|Alex Burnham||Head Teacher||01/09/2018||Curriculum, Standards and|
|None Declared||Safer Recruitment Training||n/a|
|Miss Pamela Wallis||Clerk||01/02/18||Clerk||None Declared||100%|
|Mr Philip Ball||Member||01/09/15||n/a||None Declared||n/a|
|Prof Peter Jimack||Member||01/09/17||n/a||None Declared||n/a|
|Mr Simon Nadin||Member||01/09/15||Finance||None Declared||Marketing, Recruitment & Stakeholder Feedback||100%|
|Mr John Robinson||Member||01/09/17||n/a||None Declared||n/a|
|Mr Andy Tuscher||Member||01/09/17||n/a||None Declared||n/a|
|Mr Ken Cornforth||Associate Governor||14/04/16||None Declared||100%|
|Ms Elaine Martin||Vice Chair of Governors||01/04/16||Curriculum and Standards||None Declared||Performance Management & Training||85%|
|Mr Mark Goldstone||Chair of Governors||01/04/16||Curriculum and Finance||None Declared||Safer Recruitment Training||85%|
|Ms Faye Best||Governor||01/04/16||Curriculum and Standards||None Declared||Safeguarding, Equality, diversity & disadvantaged plus SEND||Safer Recruitment Training||100%|
|Mr Graham Cooper||Governor||01/09/15||Finance||None Declared||Health & Safety||100%|
|Deborah Watson||Governor||01/04/18||Finance||None Declared||Finance & Admissions||85%|
|Mr Ken Hall||Governor||01/09/16||Curriculum and Standards||None Declared||Curriculum, Teaching & Learning plus Data||100%|
|Ms Victoria Hopkins||Governor||16/05/17||Curriculum and Standards||None Declared||Behaviour, Attendance & Exclusions||85%|
|Mitch Scott||Governor||16/05/17||Curriculum and Standards||Leeds City College||Careers, Destinations, Employer & University Engagement||n/a|
|Mr Tim Craven||Governor||24/01/17||Chair of Finance||None Declared||IT Systems, security and GDPR||85%|